I owe you like three blog posts! This mama has been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! Moving has been so hard because, as you know I have to have things in a certain place and organized. Heinrich means, no boxes can remain! I finally finished my garage yesterday, and after a pile of donations and some boxes to a friend both cars will fit. Unfortunately, a lot more stuff had to go to storage. Seriously, half of my kitchen stuff is gone. I know it's just STUFF but it's still things that I have collected and loved on for my cooking passion. I started a new cooking/budget plan. I split the upfront cost with one of my friends, and basically twenty ingredients gets you five dinners. Everything works together, and so far, so yummy.
It's nice to finally have a stove! Two weeks after move, but we made it through. Now it's really just the little things, like towel racks in the bathroom, and hanging our bikes in the garage. I think the one thing I really miss about the old house is the backyard. That will be a huge adjustment especially as the weather gets nicer.
Superboy is his usual crazy self. We just signed him up for karate, and he got such a kick (forgive the pun) out of his first lesson and his uniform. He's totally adjusting to the new house. In a couple of weeks he will be staying with my parents for a whole week. We will have ill princess, but it will be weird and awesome at the same time. Lil princess is sick right now, she's been up every couple of hours and you can tell she just wants cuddle time and love. I stayed home from work this morning to just be here for her and she was so excited for the extra momma time.
I have a little hole in my heart this week, B and her family moved back to New York. I am so happy for them and how they care following God's call for their family, but boy is it sad. I felt like I was just getting to really know her and deepen our relationship, and bam, gone. It's more bittersweet because even though you will always be irreplaceable, she had started to fill the hole from your move. I know that sounds so selfish, and that you are in a similar boat, It's just downright sad, while being happy at the same time, ya know?
Next summer, here I come New York and Boston!
I love you sister,
Infinity and beyond
Sorry to hear B has left, I really liked her. she was the best. and is a genius with hair. But hey at least you met her and have a new friend on this side of the country. Smile.
ReplyDelete